Time comes again to Gather as edgewalkers, mystics, and magick makers do to journey with the sun towards those harvest energies.
This July we will Gather in the Park honoring that process, in a stand of trees on a journey downward and inward.
We will also be scavenging and assembling our outer altar and sacred circle, triangle, spiral... whatever our shape becomes that we will send into the waning tide of light.
Gather is a meditation to commune with the Spirit of place. Chanting. Meditation. And then, seeking found things in the park, assembled into our working craft space.
Our Workings vary in flavor but the essential of what we do is bring our own selves into balance with our nature, the nature around us, the light and life tides (also dark and release) into our spiraling bodies.
- Our simple ritual is invoking the spirit of place
- Drumming for this journey work. After we enter the trance you are self-guided by your spirits.
- Protection and clearing
- Communing and spreading that balance out into the land, sky, trees, and roots of our area.
RSVP via MEETUP or direct email to Scott K Smith
WHAT TO BRING
- Sacred Objects to adorn the altar
- Stones, Crystals, things that aid in your life.
- Matt, blanket or chair.
- *I may add a special event item, please stay tuned via meetup or facebook pages.
- Guardians for the circle are welcome: Warders.
- Children welcome with a partner or person who will act as a minder.
- Well behaved dogs welcome. There are however Coyotes and other wildlife here, just keep companions under eye or if you cannot please we ask you to leave them behind.
- This is a public space and we do sometimes get watchers, and distraction. We gather that as well as energy follows attention.
I can seat 8 people in my car. If you are taking public transportation I may be able to arrange a pick up if we coordinate it right. I am early to Gather's to seek and find.
No alcohol (it's a public space anyway)
DO I NEED EXPERIENCE?
You need heart and attention. A practice of meditation, ritual, and energy work is helpful but I'm experienced, as are some others in our group, with ritual and helping to guide and direct.
Temple Los Angeles is expanding but we work with everyone willing to work with us in safe, and respectable ways.
Please feel welcome to the work.
COST: $15.00 (Venmo, Cash, Check or Square) Please do not feel put out if you have limited or fixed incomes.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Ritual circle in semi-public space. Depending on weather we may want to dress warm, or cooler.
- Meditation style: Casual, 12/13 countdown, guided visualization.
- Calling the Quarters, the local spirits, and Temple Spirits.
- Making of an all natural altar