In the Magick of Trees will will explore lore, study, and introduce ourselves to the spirit in the trees.
Our first tree is Birch, and there is a wild cache here in Southern California. We will continue to look at local trees, lore, and the personal-magickal connection.
We are *not* out to "harvest" tree parts, although we will discuss on what parts can be used for wands, ogham, and incenses and how respectfully approach the Tree Spirit and harvest with permission; with as little impact as possible.
You will walk away with:
Magickal Lore from more than one source
Why Trees are the Priests and Priestesses of the Plant Kingdom
Method for Tree Spirit Communication
Technique using esoteric meditation to have direct communion with trees
And if we are fortunate, more from local sources.
What to bring:
- Weather appropriate dress for the day
- Water Bottle
- Energizing snacks if you require them are encouraged
- Hiking boots or shoes
- Something to keep notes + writing utensils
- Remember to *carry out all you carry in*
- Location given on paid RSVP, it is in PASADENA area.
- We will be walking easy to moderate hiking trails.
- Because this is nature, walking is required. Some moderate obstacles such as roots, stones, boulders.
- You are responsible for your health and safety.
Remember if you are a current student in Light Body or year-long book study, you have a coupon for a discount on all classes Scott offers through Acuity scheduling. :)