Thank you everyone who has supported the Gather events in the last 4 months. Although I've operated a good and long lasting magickal and holistic presence in the community strongly in the last 3 or so years, and I've been on The Path for a while, it's really awesome to see new faces and make new friends around the Gather forum of ritual.
In the January New Moon Mailer I gave you a list of classes and events. Some of these were under the umbrella of Scott K Smith, and others under the Temple LA banner. Newsletter link: here.
I think it's important to represent the two. Temple Los Angeles is young and I expect that the circle of people who come into our community will grow and will include students AND teachers. It is my hope to add select and trusted teachers, providers, and magick makers to the roster of "Magick Makers." Temple LA is not about [me], it is about calling into the magick making, a greater circle of people who can hold the space of what I intend to bring to the SoCal area.
You will begin to see those faces under the About Section of the site.
We are adding the following events in the next few months:
- More Gather events in the park
- Meditation circles are in the works
- PRAXIS: Lunar Magick combining personal experiences and various traditions, of course leaning into the organization I am a part of, The Temple of Witchcraft, expect to see some of that material appear in the moon work. (I am a member and a student. I plan on becoming a minister in this tradition).
- Seasonal and Cross-Quarter events with more of a Witchcraft and Shamanism feel. I've been to a lot of events around solstices and equinox, but not enough that contained the fun and juicy parts of ritual. We want to turn the wheel with our allies across the veil with new explorations of old craft, spirit guided connections, and play with mythic themes to see where we can create, heal, and enjoy.
- New Book Studies: Inner Temple of Witchcraft, Outer Temple of Witchcraft, Three Rays of Witchcraft, and more.
My question for you is: What would you like to see come to the area, through the Temple Los Angeles? If you feel called, I have placed a small poll here.
I truly appreciate your input. I know my craft, I challenge myself to learn all the time. I make it a yearly goal to be in school for something. If I cannot do a physical school, I choose an online course. I pay for it. I invest in health, magickal, divinatory, community education with small vendors, local and national non-profits, or people who choose to invest their time into their communities; I believe that their courses should reflect that.
Scott K Smith
Temple Los Angeles
*Please note that if you would like a private session or a smaller personal group with an emphasis on your own magickal growth; would prefer a group of friends over strangers, I am happy to sit with you and design a course offering that suits your souls growth.